6.27.2005

On Parenting Advice

I have to admit that I don't get a lot of hardline parenting advice... which is a missed karmic payback opportunity in my opinion, since I am quite sure I've given out advice and opinions, hopefully mostly in my younger days, that were lacking in a certain, shall we say, flexibility in my thinking.

But I do hear a lot of hardline neo-parental advice among friends and especially on the internet, and I have been known to daydream clever responses to the people who might tell me to stop breastfeeding in public, or to pick my child up, or put her down, or burn her crib, or whatever.

Even on my best days I've never come up with anything this clever:
Thank You For All The Impassioned Emails Containing Parenting Advice. Now Be Quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home